Here at Toasted Bar, we will never use any type of paraffin in our candles or wax melts. Not even an ounce. We want to provide you with safe ways to fragrance your home or office. According to an article from NSU Florida, soy wax is not only better for your health, but the environment. See article.
Here’s the basic breakdown from NSU Florida:
- Soy wax is made from soybeans and vegetables, both renewable resources.
- Soy wax burns much cleaner and purer as it is all natural, non-toxic, and non-hazardous.
- This wax is biodegradable leading to reduced landfills.
- Soy wax residue can be washed away with warm water and soap.
- Purchasing soy products supports the soy farmers of America, which stimulates our economy and lessens dependence on international resources.
- Derived from petroleum, a limited resource
- The burning of paraffin wax contributes to indoor air contamination by emitting petro-chemicals causing soot deposits and carcinogenic particulate matter.
- This wax contains petroleum by-products and additives that inhibit biodegradability.
- Paraffin wax residue is quite troublesome, often impossible, to remove.
- Purchasing paraffin products not only supports our dependence on this crude oil but also supports an industry riddled with environmental faux pas.